NOVORAPID INSULIN 1X 3ML FLEXPEN (100IU/ML)*.
- Rapid-acting: Novorapid Insulin is a rapid-acting insulin, which means it starts working quickly after injection and helps lower blood sugar levels rapidly. This can be beneficial in managing diabetes and controlling postprandial (after-meal) blood sugar spikes.
- Flexpen convenience: Novorapid Insulin comes in a Flexpen, which is a pre-filled pen-like device that makes it easy to measure and administer the correct dosage. It is portable, discreet, and easy to use, making it convenient for people with diabetes to administer their insulin injections.
- Prescription required: Novorapid Insulin is a prescription medication, which means it can only be obtained with a valid prescription from a healthcare provider. This may require regular visits to a healthcare professional and can add to the overall cost of managing diabetes.
- Risk of hypoglycemia: As with all insulin medications, Novorapid Insulin carries the risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), especially if the dosage is not adjusted correctly or if meals are skipped. Hypoglycemia can cause symptoms such as dizziness, confusion, and sweating, and if left untreated, it can be life-threatening.
- Injection site reactions: Injection site reactions, such as pain, swelling, or redness, can occur with Novorapid Insulin injections. While these are generally mild and temporary, they can be bothersome for some individuals.